Can’t Log In?
On the right you will find some common troubleshooting steps and information that may help you resolve any difficulties you might be having when signing into your NC State accounts or services. In the event that you have forgotten your password or it simply is not working after following our recommendations, you may need to request a password reset through the NC State Help Desk.
Password Reset Requests
Users with established security questions and answers can simply call the Help Desk for direct assistance with resetting your password.
If you did not setup your UIA security questions and answers, you will need to do one of the following to get your password reset:
- In person reset: Please bring a photo ID to the Walk In Center located in 101 West Dunn Building.
- Reset by Email: Please send an email from and alternate email address you still have access to with a photo ID attached to email@example.com.
- Reset by Fax: Please fax a cover sheet containing your alternate email address and a contact phone number with your photo ID to 919-513-0877.
Acceptable Photo ID’s (not limited to the following):
- NCSU ID card or other school identity cards
- Drivers license or other state photo identity card issued by the DMV
- Military ID Card
- Permanent Resident Card